If you’ve ever played sports and needed to tape your ankles or knees, then you know how much athletes rely on this type of tape. But there’s more than one way to use this product for a variety of purposes beyond just taping up! Read on for 10 uses for waterproof sports tape that you might not know about.
10 Uses for Waterproof Sports Tape
Waterproof sports tape is an incredibly versatile product that can be used for a variety of purposes, both in and out of the athletic arena. Here are just a few of the ways you can put waterproof sports tape to good use:
- Waterproof your gear. Whether you’re an avid hiker or you just like to be prepared for all eventualities, sealing your gear with waterproof sports tape can give you some much-needed peace of mind. Use it to seal up zippers on tents, backpacks, and sleeping bags, or patch holes in raincoats and boots.
- prevent blisters and chafing. If you’re going on a long hike or participating in a strenuous activity, covering potential areas of friction with waterproof sports tape can help prevent blisters and chafing.
- Secure loose items. Have a pair of glasses that always seem to slip off your nose? Attach them securely to your head with a strip of waterproof sports tape. You can also use it to keep batteries from rattling around inside flashlights or compasses, or to keep small tools from falling out of your pockets.
- Make temporary repairs. If you rip your pants or tear your jacket, a few strategically placed strips of waterproof sports tape can hold things together until you can get proper repairs done. You can also use it to temporarily patch holes in inflatable rafts, pool toys, and air mattresses.
- Keep cords and cables organized. Have a bunch of cords and cables that always seem to be getting tangled? Wrap them up with waterproof sports tape to keep them neat and organized.
- Make a splint. If you sprain your ankle or break your wrist, you can use waterproof sports tape to fashion a makeshift splint.
- Mark your trail. If you’re hiking in unfamiliar territory, marking your trail with strips of brightly colored waterproof sports tape can help you find your way back if you get lost.
- Hang posters and decorations. Don’t want to put holes in the walls? Use waterproof sports tape to hang posters, streamers, and other decorations instead.
- Deter pests. Ants, mice, and other critters hate the stickiness of waterproof sports tape, so wrapping it around the legs of tables and chairs can help deter them from invading your home or picnic area. You can also use it to keep birds from perching on ledges and window sills.
- Remove lint and pet hair. Waterproof sports tape can also be used as an effective lint roller. Just wrap it around your hand sticky-side out and run it over fabric to pick up lint and pet hair.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Waterproof Sports Tape
Waterproof sports tape has a range of advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before using it. Advantages include the fact that it is water resistant, meaning it will not become loose or fall off in wet conditions. It is also breathable, allowing sweat and moisture to evaporate, and will not cause skin irritation. Disadvantages include the fact that it is less adhesive than traditional sports tape, so may not provide as much support. It is also more expensive than regular sports tape.
What is the Best Kind of Waterproof Sports Tape to Buy?
There are a few different types of waterproof sports tape, each with its own advantages. The best kind of sports tape to buy depends on your particular needs.
If you need a sports tape that is also breathable, then you should look for a tape made of Gore-Tex or another similar material. These tapes are often used by athletes who need to keep their skin dry during strenuous activity.
If you need a sports tape that is very strong and durable, then you should look for a tape made of vinyl or another similar material. These tapes are often used to secure heavy equipment or to repair tears in gear.
If you need a sports tape that is both strong and flexible, then you should look for a tape made of neoprene or another similar material. These tapes are often used to repair holes in inflatable objects or to secure loose objects.
While waterproof sports tape might be most commonly associated with athletes, there are actually a variety of uses for this versatile product. From protecting your skin from diaper rash to keeping your hair out of your face while you swim, waterproof sports tape can be a helpful addition to your medicine cabinet or first-aid kit. We hope that our list of 10 uses for waterproof sports tape has given you some ideas on how you can put this product to good use. Do you have any other suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!
can i swim with athletic tape?
You can effectively use sports tape to secure your body and make sure that everything is protected whilst you are swimming, but it requires you to understand how the tape works. You need to make sure that you secure a good bond for the tape, which you can do by patting it gently, and rubbing it to lock it into place.