To help you recover faster, kinesiology trainers have developed a new way to help people who are injured. Elastic kinesiology tape is elastic and it helps to keep your joints of the body in place. It also has supporting effects on both the muscles and ligaments that surround each joint. This blog will talk about how to treat injuries with elastic kinesiology tape.
What is elastic kinesiology tape?
elastic kinesiology tape is a special kind of tape that is used to treat injuries. It is different from traditional medical tape because it is made of a material that allows it to stretch and move with your body. This makes it ideal for treating injuries because it provides support while still allowing you to move and function normally.
There are many different brands of elastic kinesiology tape, but they all have the same basic design. The tape is usually made of a cotton or polyester material that is coated with an adhesive. The adhesive helps the tape stay in place on your skin and does not allow sweat or moisture to seep through.
Types of elastic kinesiology tape
There are many different types of elastic kinesiology tape, each with their own unique benefits. Here are some of the most popular types of kinesiology tape:
- Athletic Tape: Athletic tape is a type of kinesiology tape that is specifically designed for athletes. It is made from a stretchy material that allows it to move with your body and provide support without restricting your range of motion.
- Ciropractic Tape: Chiropractic tape is a type of kinesiology tape that is designed to be used by chiropractors. It is made from a firm material that provides support and alignment for your spine and joints.
- Therapeutic Tape: Therapeutic tape is a type of kinesiology tape that is designed to relieve pain and promote healing. It is often used to treat injuries, chronic pain, and inflammation.
- Acupuncture Tape: Acupuncture tape is a type of kinesiology tape that uses acupuncture needles to stimulate points on your body. This type of tape is often used to treat pain, headaches, and stress.
- Magneto Therapy Tape: Magneto therapy tape is a type of kinesiology tape that uses magnets to stimulate points on your body. This type of therapy is often used to treat pain, inflammation, and fatigue.
How to Put a elastic kinesiology tape On Your Injury?
In order to properly apply kinesiology tape to an injury, it is important to understand the different techniques that can be used. There are three main ways to apply the elastic kinesiology tape:
1) Pre-taping – This method involves applying the tape to the skin before wrapping it around the injured area. This helps to create a barrier between the skin and the tape, which can prevent irritation.
2) Wrapping – This method involves wrapping the tape around the injured area. This is often used for larger injuries, or for injuries that require support.
3) Taping over an existing bandage – This method is often used for smaller injuries, or for injuries that have already been wrapped with an elastic bandage. The kinesiology tape will help to hold the bandage in place and provide additional support.
How to Treat Common Injuries with elastic kinesiology tape?
If you’re an active person, chances are you’ve had your fair share of injuries. Kinesiology tape is a popular treatment option for many common injuries, as it can help to reduce pain and swelling while promoting healing.
Here are some common injuries that can be treated with kinesiology tape:
Achilles tendonitis: Tape can be applied to the Achilles tendon to help support and relieve pain.
Patellar tendonitis: Tape can be applied to the patellar tendon to help reduce pain and inflammation.
Hamstring strains: Tape can be applied to the hamstrings to help stabilize the muscles and reduce pain.
Groin strains: Tape can help to support the muscles and connective tissue in the groin area to reduce pain and inflammation.
Shin splints: Tape can be applied to the shins to help stabilize the muscles and reduce pain.
To use elastic kinesiology tape, simply apply it to the affected area according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Most brands will recommend that you apply the tape at least 2 hours before participating in physical activity. This will give the adhesive time to bond with your skin and provide the best possible support.
How to Get the Most Out of elastic kinesiology tape?
Kinesiology tape is a versatile tool that can be used to treat a variety of injuries. When applied correctly, kinesiology tape can help to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Here are some tips for getting the most out of kinesiology tape:
- Clean the area where you will be applying the tape. This will help to ensure that the tape adheres properly and doesn’t cause any further irritation.
- Cut the kinesiology tape into strips that are the appropriate size for your injury.
- Apply the kinesiology tape according to the instructions provided with the product. Be sure to allow enough time for the adhesive to set before participating in physical activity.
- Wear the kinesiology tape for the recommended amount of time (usually 3-5 days). If you experience any discomfort, remove the tape immediately.
- Store your kinesiology tape in a cool, dry place when not in use.
If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional medical treatments, elastic kinesiology tape may be a good option for you. This type of tape is designed to help support your muscles and joints, and can be used to treat a variety of injuries. While it’s not a replacement for professional medical care, elastic kinesiology tape can be a helpful addition to your injury treatment plan.